2017-02-22 - Nikolai Kondrashov <Nikolai.Kondrashov@redhat.com> - 3-1
- Release v3. Added features and implemented fixes follow.
- Make each JSON message timing data start with window size.
This makes it possible to pick up the stream from any message and also
combine messages, with window size known and preserved at all times.
- Add "term" field to JSON messages, specifying terminal type.
- Add "ver" field to JSON messages, specifying message format version.
- Set "SHELL" environment variable to actual user shell in tlog-rec.
- Check for locale's charset and abort tlog-rec if it's anything but the only
- Add -v/--version option support to tlog-rec and tlog-play.
- Fix tlog-rec and tlog-play error output by accumulating error messages and
outputting them only after terminal settings are restored, on exit. Output
startup warnings before switching to raw terminal settings.
- Output a newline after restoring terminal settings in tlog-rec and
tlog-play, so that following output is not stuck to the end of the last line
of the raw output.
- Add an Elasticsearch mapping to documentation directory.
- Disable input logging by default to avoid storing passwords. Please enable
it explicitly in configuration, or on the command line, if necessary.
- Close log file written by tlog-rec on executing the shell in the child to
prevent log modification by the recorded user.
- Support running tlog-rec SUID/SGID to prevent recorded users from killing or
modifying it. Make tlog-rec SUID/SGID to user "tlog" in the RPM package.
- Add session locking to tlog-rec. This prevents tlog-rec from recording if
the audit session is already recorded by creating per-audit-session lock
files in /var/run/tlog. This only makes sense with tlog-rec SUID/SGID.
When certain failures occur while creating a lock file, session is assumed
unlocked and is recorded anyway, as it is safer to record a session than
not. Add corresponding setup to the RPM package.
- Reproduce the recorded program (shell) exit status in tlog-rec similarly to
how Bash reproduces the last executed command status.
- Update and expand README.md to describe secure log message filtering with
rsyslog, and playback directly from Elasticsearch, among other, smaller
2017-02-11 - Fedora Release Engineering <email@example.com> - 2-2
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_26_Mass_Rebuild
2016-04-06 - Nikolai Kondrashov <Nikolai.Kondrashov@redhat.com> - 2-1
- Release v2. Not ready for production. Following features are added.
- Fully-fledged command-line interface to tlog-play, along with config file
and man pages.
- Support for playback from file in tlog-play.
- Make tlog-play follow mode controllable and off by default.
- Get tlog-rec shell also from TLOG_REC_SHELL environment variable.
- Support non-TTY stdin/stdout in tlog-rec, allowing its use with
non-interactive SSH sessions.
- Support building on and packaging for EPEL5.
2016-02-25 - Nikolai Kondrashov <Nikolai.Kondrashov@redhat.com> - 1-1
- Release v1. Not ready for production. Following features are included.
- Recording of user input, program output and window size changes.
- Support for writing into syslog and files.
- Tlog-rec configuration through system-wide configuration file
/etc/tlog/tlog-rec.conf, environment variables and command line.
- Very basic playback directly from ElasticSearch.