2018-11-09 - Lawrence R. Rogers <email@example.com) 4.6.4-1
- Release 4.6.4-1
Increase max statements in database to prevent errors under load
Have a max timeout for SQLite retries
2018-10-14 - Lawrence R. Rogers <firstname.lastname@example.org) 4.6.3-1
- Release 4.6.3-1
Hashdb bug fixes for corrupt indexes and 0 hashes
New code for testing power of number in ExtX code
New class that allows generic database access
New methods that check for duplicate artifacts
Added caches for frequently used content
Added Examiner table
Tags are now associated with Examiners
Changed parent_path for logical files to be consistent with FS files.
2018-10-03 - Lawrence R. Rogers <email@example.com) 4.6.2-2
- Release 4.6.2-2
Built with Java support. Release number is greater than the release for Fedora 28 and 27.
2018-08-08 - Lawrence R. Rogers <firstname.lastname@example.org) 4.6.2-1
- Release 4.6.2-1
- Various compiler warning fixes
- Added small delay into image writer to not starve other threads
- Added more locking to ensure that handles were not closed while other threads were using them.
- Added APIs to support more queries by data source
- Added memory-based caching when detecting if an object has children or not.
2018-05-16 - Lawrence R. Rogers <email@example.com) 4.6.1-1
- Release 4.6.1-1
Lots of bounds checking fixes from Google's fuzzing tests. Thanks Goole.
Cleanup and fixes from uckelman-sf and others
PostgreSQL, libvhdi, & libvmdk are supported for Linux / OS X
Fixed display of NTFS GUID in istat - report from Eric Zimmerman.
NTFS istat shows details about all FILE_NAME attributes, not just the first. report from Eric Zimmerman.
2018-03-28 - Lawrence R. Rogers <firstname.lastname@example.org) 4.6.0-3
- Release 4.6.0-3
Moved sleuthkit-4.6.0.jar from sleuthkit-devel package to sleuthkit package.
2018-02-28 - Lawrence R. Rogers <email@example.com) 4.6.0-2
- Release 4.6.0-2
Removed patches from PyTSK.
2018-02-21 - Lawrence R. Rogers <firstname.lastname@example.org) 4.6.0-1
- Release 4.6.0-1
- New Features
- New Communications related Java classes and database tables.
- Java build updates for Autopsy Linux build
- Blackboard artifacts are now Content objects in Java and part of tsk_objects table in database.
- Increased cache sizes.
- Lots of bounds checking fixes from Google's fuzzing tests. Thanks Google.
- HFS fix from uckelman-sf.
2017-10-15 - Lawrence R. Rogers <email@example.com) 4.5.0-1
- Release 4.5.0-1
- New Features:
- Support for LZVN compressed HFS files (from Joel Uckelman)
- Use sector size from E01 (helps with 4k sector sizes)
- More specific version number of DB schema
- New Local Directory type in DB to differentiate with Virtual Directories
- All blackboard artifacts in DB are now 'content'. Attachments can now be children of their parent message.
- Added extension as a column in tsk_files table.
- Bug Fixes:
- Faster resolving of HFS hard links
- Lots of fixes from Google Fuzzing efforts.
2017-08-07 - Lawrence R. Rogers <firstname.lastname@example.org) 4.4.2-1
- Release 4.4.2-1
- New Features:
- usnjls tool for NTFS USN log (from noxdafox)
- Added index to mime type column in DB
- Use local SQLite3 if it exists (from uckelman-sf)
- Blackboard Artifacts have a shortDescription metho
- Bug Fixes:
- Fix for highest HFS+ inum lookup (from uckelman-sf)
- Fix ISO9660 crash
- various performance fixes and added thread safety checks